Charles M. "Chuck" Kreamer is co-founder of, and partner in, Gibson Law Partners, LLC. Chuck also serves as the firm's Managing Partner. Chuck's practice focuses on the representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial cases, probate and legal malpractice cases litigated in the state and federal courts of Louisiana. He is admitted to practice before all Louisiana district and appellate courts, all Louisiana federal district courts and bankruptcy courts, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Since August of 1994, Chuck's practice has been 100% litigation, including extensive appellate work.
Chuck's extensive litigation experience spans cases involving unfair and deceptive trade practices, trade secrets, confidentiality, contracts, fraud, fiduciary duties, non-compete agreements, sales, intellectual property, corporations, partnerships, liability companies, joint ventures, probate disputes and oil and gas mineral rights. His legal malpractice defense experience crosses a wide array of lawyer specialties and issues.
Chuck graduated from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with a Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) and a major in Finance in 1990. Chuck graduated magna cum laude from Loyola University College of Law in New Orleans in 1994, and simultaneously graduated with a second degree, a Masters of Business Administration, from Loyola. While in law school Chuck served on the Loyola Law Review where he published two articles, one of which was a finalist for the prestigious SCRIBES award presented by The American Society of Legal Writers and has since been cited favorably by other jurists. Chuck's published articles are United States v. Commonwealth of Virginia: The Revenge of Separate But Equal, 39 Loyola Law Review 247 and Adjudicating the Peart Motion: A Proposed Standard To Protect The Right To Effective Assistance Of Counsel Prospectively: 39 Loyola Law Review 635.
Several cases in which Chuck's professional clients were dismissed as a result of his efforts include Molaison v. Lukinovich, 142 So.3d 342 (La. App. 5th Cir. 2014) (multi-million dollar legal malpractice claim dismissed on basis of witness immunity); Castle v. Castle, 123 So.3d 1267 (La. App. 3rd Cir. 2013) (legal malpractice claim dismissed for failure to state a cause of action); Walton v. ES&H, Inc. 2013 WL 3865103 (E.D. La. 2013) (insurance agent case dismissed as preempted) and Carriere v. Bodenheimer, Jones, Szwak & Winchell, LLP: 120 So.3d 281 (La. App. 2nd Cir. 2012) (legal malpractice claim dismissed as preempted): Argonaut Great Central Ins. Co. v. Hammet, et al, 1st JDC Parish of Caddo, Docket 449,814 (baseball arbitration where the resolution proposed for Chuck's client was chosen). Representative cases where Chuck's commercial plaintiff clients were awarded substantial verdicts, received favorable settlements or pretrial rulings include AIM Business Capital, LLC v. Reach Out Disposal, 2014 WL 1401526 (W.D. La. 2014) ($1.44 million treble damage award in an unfair trade practice case); In re Marshall Museum & Library, 2008 WL 2192803 (La. App. 3rd Cir. 2008) (favorable settlement in a defamation case against Anna Nicole Smith representatives) and Grex, Inc. et al v. Robert Leonards, et al, La. App. 3rd Cir. No: CW 14-01275, unpublished (plaintiff authorized to obtain extensive electronic discovery from defendants' computers).
Areas Of Practice
- Complex Commercial Litigation 30%
- Probate Litigation 30%
- Professional Liability Defense 30%
- Other 10%
- Louisiana, 1994
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Lafayette, Louisiana
- BBA - 1990
- Loyola University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- M.B.A. - 1994
- United States v. Commonwealth of Virginia: The Revenge of Separate But Equal, 39 Loyola Law Review 247
- Adjudicating the Peart Motion: A Proposed Standard To Protect The Right To Effective Assistance Of Counsel Prospectively: 39 Loyola Law Review 635
- Molaison v. Lukinovich, 142 So.3d 342, 2014, La. App. 5th Cir.
- Castle v. Castle, 123 So.3d 1267, 2013, La. App. 3rd Cir.
- Walton v. ES&H, Inc., WL 3865103, 2013, E.D. La.
- Carriere v. Bodenheimer, Jones, Szwak, 120 So.3d 281, 2012, La. App. 2nd Cir.
- Argonaut Great Central Ins. Co. v. Hammet, et al, 1st JDC Parish of Caddo, Docket 449,814
- AIM Business Capital, LLC v. Reach Out Disposal, WL 3911798, 2015, W.D. La.
- In re Marshall Museum & Library, WL 2192803, 2008, La. App. 3rd Cir.
- Grex, Inc. et al v. Robert Leonards, et al, La. App. 3rd Cir., CW 14-01275
- Cupit v. Twin City Fire Insurance Co., 240 S.3d 993, 2018, La. App. 3rd Cir.
- Mosing v. Boston, WL 4228699, 2017, W.D. La.
- Mosing. v. LaBarge, WL 4228699, 2017, W.D. La.
- Mosing v. Boston, WL 1573172, 2017, W.D. La.
- Edwards v. Parkerson, 218 So.3d 244, 2017, La. App. 2nd Cir.
- Miller v. American Strategic Insurance Corporation, 665 Fed.Appx. 351, 2016, 5th Cir.
- Montgomery v. Montgomery, 87 So.3d 376, 2012, La. App. 3rd Cir.
- Lopez v. Thibodeaux, 28 So.3d 1215, 2010, La. App. 3rd Cir.
- AIM Business Capital, LLC v. Reach Out Disposal, WL 1401526, 2014, W.D. La.
Past Employment Positions
- Allen & Gooch, Partner, 1994 to 2018
- Sigma Nu
A proven record of success
in complex business
Probate / Estate
A proven history of results
in probate litigation
to protect the careers and
financial standing of
disputes outside of court
requires a mediator with
experience on both sides
General Casualty Defense
Tremendous experience defending insurance companies, corporate entities, and individuals from a wide array of casualty claims.