Jim earned his law degree from Louisiana State University College of Law in 1984. Jim has an extensive amount of trial and appellate experience throughout the State of Louisiana. Jim has tried over 60 jury trials to verdict, over 200 bench trials and exception hearings, and has over 90 reported cases in the Federal District/Appellate Courts and State Appellate Courts/Louisiana Supreme Court.
In 2016, Jim was inducted as a Fellow in The American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL), which is an invitation only fellowship of exceptional trial lawyers from the United States and Canada. Membership is limited to 1% of the total membership of each state's practicing attorneys. There are more than 19,000 licensed attorneys in the state of Louisiana and just over 100 are members of The American College of Trial Lawyers.
In 2021, Jim was selected to be a Fellow in the International Academy of Trial Lawyers (IATL). The Academy was founded in 1954 and limits Fellowship to 500 trial lawyers in the United States. Fellows have undergone a rigorous vetting process and are recognized as having achieved a career of excellence as demonstrated by their skills in trial, integrity and professionalism.
Areas Of Practice
- Professional Liability 40%
- Commercial Litigation 30%
- Public Entity Litigation 10%
- Class Action Litigation 5%
- Complex Trial Litigation 15%
- Louisiana, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1984
- Louisiana College, Pineville, Louisiana
- B.S. - 1981
- Major: Public Administration
- Northwestern University School of Professional Studies in Chicago, Illinois
- Mediation Skills Training Program
- St. Landry Homestead Federal Savings Bank v. Hubert Vidrine, Jr., et al, 118 So. 3d 470,2012-1406 (La.App. 3 Cir. 6/12/13), La. 3rd Circuit
- MB Industries, LLC v. CNA Insurance Company, et al, 74 So.3d 1173 (2011) 2011-0303 (La.10/25/11), La. Supreme Ct.
- Harold E. Molaison and David C. Loeb v. David J. Lukinovich, et al, 142 So. 3d 342(2014) 13-781 (La.App 5 Cir. 5/28/14, La. 5th Circuit
- Sharon Ingram Marchman v. Brian E. Crawford, et al, 726 Fed. Appx. 978 (2018) UNPUBLISHED, U.S. 5th Circuit
- John and Mary Williams v. John B. Dunlap, III, et al, 2013-1879 (La. App 1 Cir 6/6/14) UNPUBLISHED, La. 1st Circuit
- CNA Insurance Company Professional Services Group
- Westport Insurance Corporation
- The Hanover Insurance Group
- Brown & Brown, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers (IATL), Fellow
- The American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL), Fellow
- Super Lawyers
- AV rating, Martindale-Hubbell
A proven record of success
in complex business
Probate / Estate
A proven history of results
in probate litigation
to protect the careers and
financial standing of
disputes outside of court
requires a mediator with
experience on both sides
General Casualty Defense
Tremendous experience defending insurance companies, corporate entities, and individuals from a wide array of casualty claims.
Experienced representation for employment and family-based visas