Marc also served as corporate and as general counsel responsible for managing, handling, and/or negotiating all corporate, contractual, litigation, insurance placement, and other general legal matters for a domestic and international group of companies providing a wide variety of onshore and offshore construction, fabrication, field services, rentals, and goods to the upstream and downstream sectors of the energy and power industries including oil and gas, nuclear, and solar energy.
Areas Of Practice
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- Non-Compete Clauses
- General Casualty Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Constitutional Law
- Probate Litigation
- Louisiana, 1988
- Texas, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1988
- University of Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana
- B.S. - 1984
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Business Administration
- Joseph Mahon v. Town of Madisonville, Jean Pelloat, Barney Tyrney, and Bruce Danner, United States District Court - Eastern District of Louisiana - Judge Eldon Fallon – jury verdict of exoneration in First and Fourteenth Amendment claims against town prosecutor.
- Cardiovascular Institute of the South v. Abel, Court of Appeal of Louisiana, First Circuit – obtained injunction against physician for violating non-compete clause of employment contract.
- Newton v. Pride International, Inc., United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana - Monroe Division – successfully defended ERISA claims of employee
- Union Pacific Railroad Company v. Taylor Truck Line, Inc., United States District Court - Western District of Louisiana - Monroe Division – Judge Terry Doughty – represented contractor in train derailment clean-up claims by landowner.
- Viator v. Gordon's Trucking Co., United States District Court, United States District Court - Western District of Louisiana - Lafayette Division -Judge Nauman Scott, 875 F.Supp. 369 – Jones Act case of whether temporary barge operator injured in Hurricane Andrew clean-up hadrequisite seaman status to assert Jones Act claims.
- DII, L.L.C. v. Crown Pipe Shops, Inc., United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana - Lafayette Division – Judge Rebecca Doherty – successfully defeated motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction in suit on open account for services of clean up and restoration following Hurricane Rita.
- TS & C Investments, L.L.C. v. Beusa Energy, Inc., United States District Court – Western District of Louisiana - Lafayette Division – Judge Rebecca Doherty, 637 F.Supp.2d 370, 2009 – successfully obtained dismissal of drilling contractor of economic only claims by businesses affected by closure of Interstate 10 Atchafalaya Basin Bridge from blowout of well adjacent to highway.
- The Hartford
- Aspen Specialty Insurance Company
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Lafayette Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Juneau David APLC
- Moreno Group Holdings, L.L.C.
- Louisiana Super Lawyer
- AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
A proven record of success
in complex business
Probate / Estate
A proven history of results
in probate litigation
to protect the careers and
financial standing of
disputes outside of court
requires a mediator with
experience on both sides
General Casualty Defense
Tremendous experience defending insurance companies, corporate entities, and individuals from a wide array of casualty claims.