Marc D. Moroux is a partner at Gibson Law Partners, LLC. His practice focuses on litigation of and counseling in complex matters of professional liability such as lawyers and law firms, doctors and health care providers, architects and engineers, insurance agents and accountants, general casualty such as oilfield, trucking, premises, construction and design, and products liability personal injuries, property damages, and revenue losses, service contract negotiation and litigation of defense, indemnity, and additional insurance obligations,commercial and probate lawsuits and disputes. Marc is a graduate of the University of Louisiana and Louisiana State University School of Law. He practices at all judicial levels in the states of Louisiana and Texas, all federal courts in Louisiana including the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, select federal district courts in Texas, and the United States Supreme Court. He is a Louisiana Super Lawyer and is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
Marc also served as corporate and as general counsel responsible for managing, handling, and/or negotiating all corporate, contractual, litigation, insurance placement, and other general legal matters for a domestic and international group of companies providing a wide variety of onshore and offshore construction, fabrication, field services, rentals, and goods to the upstream and downstream sectors of the energy and power industries including oil and gas, nuclear, and solar energy.
Areas Of Practice
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- Non-Compete Clauses
- General Casualty Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Louisiana, 1988
- Texas, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1988
- University of Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana
- B.S. - 1984
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Business Administration
- Cardiovascular Institute of the South v. Abel, Court of Appeal of Louisiana, First Circuit.
- Newton v. Pride Intern., Inc., United States District Court, W.D. Louisiana, Monroe Division
- Union Pacific Railroad Company v. Taylor Truck Line, Inc., United States District Court, W.D. Louisiana, Monroe Division.
- Viator v. Gordon's Trucking Co., United States District Court, W.D. Louisiana, Lafayette and Opelousas Division. , 875 F.Supp. 369
- DII, L.L.C. v. Crown Pipe Shops, Inc., United States District Court, W.D. Louisiana, Lafayette Division.
- TS & C Investments, L.L.C. v. Beusa Energy, Inc., United States District Court, W.D. Louisiana, Lafayette Division. , 637 F.Supp.2d 370, 2009
- Warner v. Talos ERT, LLC, United States District Court, W.D. Louisiana, Lake Charles Division.
- Melancon v. Perkins Rowe Associates, LLC, Court of Appeal of Louisiana, First Circuit. , 2016, 208 So.3d 925
- The Hartford
- Aspen Specialty Insurance Company
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Lafayette Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Juneau David APLC
- Moreno Group Holdings, L.L.C.
- Louisiana Super Lawyer
- AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
A proven record of success
in complex business
Probate / Estate
A proven history of results
in probate litigation
to protect the careers and
financial standing of
disputes outside of court
requires a mediator with
experience on both sides
General Casualty Defense
Tremendous experience defending insurance companies, corporate entities, and individuals from a wide array of casualty claims.
Experienced representation for employment and family-based visas