We Thrive In High-Stakes Commercial Litigation
Commercial litigation is an expansive area of law, encompassing any form of litigation involving business issues. The challenges that arise vary significantly depending on the size and industry of the business. Some disputes are between companies regarding contracts or unfair trading practices. Others involve disagreements between a company and employees for fraud, conversion or breach of fiduciary duty.
Gibson Law Partners, LLC, in Lafayette has a proven record of success in complex litigation cases such as these. Our commercial litigation lawyers excel in high-stakes trials at both the state and federal levels. They leverage their decades of combined legal experience to resolve cases for clients across the nation involved in litigation in Louisiana jurisdictions.
Protecting Your Interests In Critical Litigation
Our lawyers seek solutions that effectively resolve disputes while protecting our clients’ long-term interests. Their commercial litigation experience includes cases related to:
- Violations of the Louisiana Unfair Trade Practices Act: Our attorneys hold businesses accountable for violations or defend clients from alleged violations.
- Multistate and multiparty litigation: Our team regularly handles complex cases involving multiple jurisdictions and litigants.
- Breaches of contracts: When a signatory breaches a contract, our lawyers strive to enforce the contract they signed.
- Breaches of fiduciary responsibilities: Fiduciaries have obligations that, if not fulfilled, may require legal action.
- Civil litigation resulting from federal criminal fraud: Criminal activity has no place in business, and litigation may help right the wrongs.
- Trade secrets and misappropriation of protected intellectual property (IP): IP law is complex and requires knowledgeable lawyers such as ours.
- Employment agreements: Our attorneys create contracts that honor each party’s rights and prevent future employment and labor law disputes.
- Disputes between shareholders/members of corporations or limited liability companies (LLCs)
Our lawyers prepare each case aggressively with compelling legal arguments, as if it were destined for trial. This frequently puts them in a position of strength with the opposing counsel, as they know our attorneys’ widespread reputation as go-to litigators in Louisiana.
Upholding Your Rights In A Contract Dispute
Contracts are the foundations of commerce. A party is said to be in breach of contract if they fail to uphold the terms of the document they signed. Just a few of the claims that our breach of contract lawyers in Louisiana regularly litigate include:
- Noncompete contracts
- Nondisclosure contracts
- Vendor contracts
- Partnership and shareholder contracts
- Employment contracts
- Arbitration provisions
Our breach of contract attorneys can explore alternative remedies to these disputes, but, as litigators, they are always prepared to file an action against the party in breach or to defend a client from a lawsuit.
Cohesive Counsel For Unfair Trade Practices Litigation
Our commercial litigation lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of the Louisiana Unfair Trade Practice And Consumer Protection Act (UTPCPA) and how it impacts our clients’ businesses. If a competitor went too far and engaged in unfair trade practices, our attorneys push back to hold them to the regulations of the UTPCPA. Similarly, some parties may try to limit another business’s competition by accusing them of unfair trade practices. Our lawyers will defend you aggressively from commercial litigation as well as from state investigations into breach of regulations. They are prepared to represent you in litigation involving the state.
Contact Our Commercial Litigation Attorneys To Learn More
When the stakes are high, our commercial litigation lawyers in Louisiana have the high-caliber, high-quality services necessary to protect your best interests. To discuss your commercial litigation matter with one of our attorneys, contact us at 337-761-6250 or send us an email with a brief description of your legal needs.