Experienced, Effective Counsel For Serious Probate And Administration Matters
With more than over 173 years of combined experience, our knowledge and track record of success are unparalleled among law firms in Louisiana. We have restricted our practice to only a few practice areas, including contested estates and probate litigation. This narrow focus has allowed our lawyers to develop a deeper understanding into the cases that we do take, thereby providing our clients with an invaluable advantage.
Is mediation the right solution for resolving your complex dispute? Visit our mediation pages to learn more about our experience in this important alternative to costly litigation.
Will challenges in high-asset estates create complex property and business issues. We offer a strategic analysis of the decedent’s estate plan and the entirety of their assets to effectively resolve will contests emerging from:
- Domicile issues
- Form issues
- Undue influence
- Improper actions committed by the executor
- Lack of testamentary capacity of the decedent
- Fraudulent activities committed at the time of the will’s creation
- Forgery or other alleged inaccuracies in the will
Trust Administration Claims
Trustees are held to the highest level of fiduciary responsibility. If you are involved in a dispute regarding the administration of a trust, or if you are a trustee facing accusations of breach of fiduciary duty or other malfeasance in Louisiana, the litigation team at Gibson Law Partners in Lafayette has the experience you can turn to with confidence.
Breach of fiduciary duty on the part of trustees may include matters such as:
- Theft of trust funds by unauthorized withdrawal or fraud
- Incompetent or negligent management
- Conflict of investment interests
- Commingling trust funds with personal accounts
- Collusion and disloyalty to heirs and beneficiaries
- Failure to communicate appropriately with beneficiaries