Disputes over the validity of a will, trust or other elements of an estate plan can quickly divide the decedent’s family. These cases often result in a complex litigation process and can become overwhelming if not properly managed by a seasoned trial lawyer. The attorneys at Gibson Law Partners, LLC, have a history of securing favorable results in these high-stakes matters for our clients.
With more than 100 years of combined experience, our knowledge and track record of success are unparalleled among law firms in Louisiana. We have restricted our practice to only a few practice areas, including estate planning litigation. This narrow focus has allowed our lawyers to develop a deeper understanding into the cases that we do take, thereby providing our clients with an invaluable advantage.
Our attorneys have represented executors and heirs who are contesting a will in a broad range of circumstances, including those involving high-asset estates with complex property and business interests. We offer a strategic analysis of the decedent’s estate plan and the entirety of their assets to effectively resolve will contests emerging from:
- Undue influence
- Improper actions committed by the executor
- Lack of testamentary capacity of the decedent
- Fraudulent activities committed at the time of the will’s creation
- Forgery or other alleged inaccuracies in the will
We represent prospective estate heirs and beneficiaries in litigation matters related to the retention or distribution of assets placed in a trust. Our experience in these matters includes:
- Unclear or ambiguous language within a trust
- Trust fails to adequately represent decedent’s wishes
- Lack of testamentary capacity
- Breaches of fiduciary duty by the trustee
- Undue influence